4.23.2011

Wow, am I impressed!!!!!

  Okay, I am soooo impressed! I am absolutely brand spanking new at blogging and I already have "7" followers! That in itself scares me a little, no, a lot.....will I have interesting stuff to say, am I boring, too much information, not enough information, are my pictures blog worthy, will folks think yuck and never look at me again, etc. Well, I guess I could be perfectly, totally, utterly, completely honest and tell you that actually, I am not "totally" brand new. You see, I have been following many, many, so many of you for a very long time. I have been so intrigued by "blogland" that many nights my husband wonders if I will ever get to bed! (Okay, I will admit that I have had my face nearly hit the computer keyboard more than a few times because I am trying to stay awake to go on to the next blog on my many lists).
   I had absolutely no idea that blogs even existed until I stumbled upon one accidentally one evening a couple of years ago or so. Wow, why didn't I know about this stuff? After my husband observed me writing long lists of favorite blogs he showed me how to "save" my favorites-I bet he regrets that, no I'm sure he does! I am completely a computer idiot but when I found out how to do "Bookmarks" I have never looked back, or gotten to bed at a decent hour since!!! I LOVE blogland!
  Do you all realize that there are blogs for everything: decorating, cleaning, antiquing, cooking, being a mom, good wife, shopper, favorite this and favorite that, thrift store shopper, flea market lover, Round Top goer, shabby this, shabby that & shabby chic, travel, how-to, how-not to, YOU get my drift. So I am hopelessly hooked. An addict. Hello, my name is Lynne and I am a blog addict. Okay I need to go!!! I want to see if Ladybug Creek, Winnie & Tulula's, White Spray Paint, For The Love Of Junk, Bella Dreams, The Primitique, Fiona & Twig, Charlotte's Web (my personal favorite) and a few, about 50, others have posted today. I feel it's going to be a long nite........................

5 comments:

  1. I love your post, Lynne! (And thanks for the shout-out.) One thing you have that to my knowledge none of the rest of us do or have done... you have OWNED the best antique store in the Rio Grande Valley and now you are doing estate sales. I am totally fascinated by that. I hope you'll write about some of your experiences... and as I remember from the past... you've had some great stories to tell. I'll be waiting...
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to blogging! I am really busy now and don't get around to comment as much..but I do still read when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!
    Karen, you are such a cheerleader for me, I love that! I have to admit my "job" is alot of work but also alot of fun! My husband, who never really was much into the "antiques business"-it was just my job-has now jumped in feet first with me on the estate sale business. He loves getting down and dirty into it and enjoys it as much as I.
    Susan, thanks for the welcome and I hope to post as often as possible but life does get in the way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lynne!
    I know exactly how you feel.
    There is not a day that goes by that my jaw doesn't drop at what is out there in blog land.
    Thank you for mentioning White Spray Paint-

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura. I do the jaw-dropping thing quite a bit, ha! I want you to know that I am not much of a cook, BUT, when you posted the Jalapeno Cheese Rice recipe, I made it. My family couldn't stop commenting OR eating it. It was THAT good! Love your blog, Lynne

    ReplyDelete