10.03.2011

My new "OLD" display pieces!

 I have been truly blessed this past weekend. I was in a bit of a funk trying to decide how I was going to decorate my new larger booth at Mimi's Attic Antiques Mall. Well, lo and behold, I found this great long old aqua painted store table at one of my favorite junking spots! It has just the right amount of worn pale aqua paint on the legs and skirt and shabby peely white on the top. I posted about it on Facebook and my oh my, everybody wants it!! Sorry everybody, display only-don't you just hate when people say that? Me, too!
 Then on Sunday I ventured out to the monthly flea held indoors, the first for the Fall season. Oh my gosh!! I had so much fun!!! I kinda wound around to the different tables as some were all set up and others weren't. I was buying here and there and then got to one of my favorite sellers. I have a bad habit of looking down at the merchandise on the tables and not at the sellers or what is behind the tables. Well not this time! Staring at me was a very cute 1950's Mexican china cabinet......still with the key!
 I asked how much really thinking they were going to say it was sold........they told me the price, really reasonable, and I said, after only a few seconds because I couldn't believe my luck, I'll take it! The lady was stunned I think because I didn't even go behind the table to look at it closer. It didn't matter, I wanted it! She asked where to deliver, OMG-delivery, too?-but I told her I had my truck, old faithful, with me and I would be taking it once I was thru shopping. I paid her fast!!!
 Isn't is cute?? I was upset last week because a locking display cabinet at my parent's booth had sold that I had my heart set on using and this will fit the bill! Thank you God! God is so good to me. I had to skip church to go to this sale and He didn't let me down. I will be at church next week for sure!
This cabinet is in my dining room and is the same kind, 1950's Mexico, and has the key. I love these sweet cabinets as they have so much possiblity. I painted mine and have it full of some of my favorite things!!! The new one I think I will just use as is for now and fill it up with great goodies at my other booth at Weslaco Antique Mall. I am so excited! Everything is all coming in to place and the weather is even beautiful today. I'd say I have a great start to my week! Check me later!!!! I will be posting photos and blogging about my two booths after all this gets down there and arranged!

No comments:

Post a Comment